Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Mini Grad School Break Down

My Monday class in the class from hell. It's unorganized, experimental, and overall confusing. There are two teachers, in which one of them basically owns the whole education program and the other has no idea what she is doing. On the first day of class, my cohort was split up into two separate classes, which really sucked. Anyway, I realize that grad school is grad school, but this class is on its own level of hardness. This class is so horrible that we have to have a mini therapy session in our other classes about that class before we can start any other class. Our syllabus is basically a whole page per day of our reading assignments. We have to read a whole book and like five million articles each week. This week we had a midterm, which consisted of watching a video and relating it to 10 terms that we had studied in class. Sounds easy enough, but the terms were decided by the teacher and they had absolutely nothing to do with the video. Yes, I completed the assignment, Yes, I hated it, and Yes, I cried about. This was Sunday.

On Monday, I was so exhausted and worn out from finishing the 10 page midterm the night before, that I refused to attend her Monday class. There is no way I could have looked at her without yelling, "Do You Even Know What You're Doing?" The bad thing is, the first hour of our class is spent at a nearby community center where we tutor kids after school. I hated to let my assigned student down, but again, there is no way that I was in the mood to look at that school, so I didn't go. I didn't notify the teacher, I didn't tell any of my classmates, I just didn't go. I went home and prepared for my Tuesday class, Mathematics. I regret letting my student down and I will make it up to her, but I do not regret taking a day off for me to recuperate from my mini grad school break down. I'm better now and although I will never catch up in that class, I feel better knowing that all of my classmates are also behind on reading every single book we are assigned to read each week.

Thank you listening to my rant on how grad school sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment